Our over-arching aim is to make our schools safe and inclusive for everyone. To do this we need:
- To provide both a formal and informal support network for all people who want to raise the issue of homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and heterosexism in education.
- To campaign on lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans issues as they affect education and those in education.
- To research, debate and stimulate curriculum development on LGBT issues.
- To work towards unison between teacher and lecturer unions and other professional stakeholders in education
- To promote equality, safety and visibility in education for LGBT people and all the protected characteristics
NUT Prevalence of Homophobia Survey Report
This Prevalence of Homophobia survey was born out of the experiences of one secondary classroom teacher who was the subject of repeated physical and verbal abuse over a number of years.
This survey is then the product of a lot of hard work by a large number of people over a number of years together the thousands of classroom teachers who took time from their impossible workloads to complete the questionnaire all of whom I congratulate and offer my sincere thanks. Continue reading
Support Voices and Visibility!
- You can enable the creation of an online digital resource to uncover hidden histories and strengthen the voices and visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans+ people in UK history.
- You can inspire a new generation of activists and build alliances to ensure the significant gains of the last 50 years are not lost by supporting the development of an interactive history resource.
- Donate today and you will make it possible to reach national and international audiences with this free and open digital resource.