The Albert Kennedy Trust
AKT’s Mission is:
To ensure that all lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans young people are able to live in accepting, supportive and caring homes, by providing a range of services to meet the individual needs of those who would otherwise be homeless or living in a hostile environment.
We aim to do this by:
- Providing appropriate homes through supported lodgings, fostering and other specialist housing schemes.
- Enabling young people to manage independent living successfully.
- Improving attitudes within society towards lesbian, gay and bisexual young people.
To support our work all our staff, trustees, carers, mentors & volunteers are committed to:
- Delivering flexible and responsive services centred on the needs of LGBT young people.
- Engaging, supporting and nurturing LGBT young people.
- Providing accessible, safe and positive environments that are respectful of difference and diversity.
- Pioneering and innovative services to meet real need.
- Good communication and participation throughout the organisation and valuing and encouraging the contributions of all those involved. Excellence and best practice.
- Working in an open and honest manner, where trust is earned and given.
- Working as a team.Challenging perception both internally and externally.
And doing the above with passion, energy and enthusiasm